Paris Open Source Summit
Paris Open Source Summit (in French).
Cédric Thomas and Armony Altinier co-ordinated the accessibility track: “Les technologies et les bonnes pratiques de l'open source pour favoriser l'accessibilité”, on 17 November, from 11 a.m. till 12.30. On 18 November, Armony Altinier also led an AccessCamp together with Stéphane Deschamps from the Open Source Accessibility initiative (OSAi) of OW2 software community.
See also Accessibilité au Paris Open Source Summit le 17 novembre, et AccessCamp le 18 novembre 2016 on Armony Altinier's blog.
FOSDEM 2016 website.
Freedom #0 gave two presentations and a lightning talk:
- Design for All versus Design for One and Adaptive User Interfaces by Christophe Strobbe (Saturday, 30 January)
- Designing accessible applications by Samuel Thibault (Saturday, 30 January)
- Mail2Voice Next - the future of an accessible email client by Matthieu Hazon.
Journées du Logiciel Libre
Ubuntu Party Paris
Ubuntu Party Paris: Liberté0 had a booth at and Armony Altinier made a presentation about “Le logiciel libre à l'épreuve de l'intégration sociale”.
Liberté0 had a booth at Alternatiba.
Samuel Thibault made the following presentation: Thanks for maintaining a desktop environment. But is it accessible? (Saturday 22 August): video.
The conference schedule is still available on the DebConf15 website.
Liberté 0 was represented at the booth of Abelli in the “Village des possibles”.
03-11/07/2015, Foix, France.
Liberté 0 did not have it's own boot, but Kinou also talked accessibility and our association at the boot Framasoft, in the associatons village.
RMLL / LSM
04-10.07.2015, Beauvais, France.
Freedom #0 was present with a booth and made the following presentations:
- On Monday 6 July:
- If free software unjailed also people? by Armony Altinier & Jean-Philippe Mengual (in French)
- Open hearing aids by Marie-Pierre Bijon & Matthieu Berjon (in French)
- Considering accessibility in design by Armony Altinier (in French)
- Why should I develop a soft desktop environment? by Jean-Philippe Mengual (in French)
- Blindly setup GNU/Linux by Irina Lambla, Jean-Philippe Mengual & Samuel Thibault (workshop, in French)
- On Tuesday 7 July:
- Producing a Free and accessible video on the Web, it’s possible! by Armony Altinier (in French)
- No Freedom without accessibility by Armony Altinier (in French)
- The road is long but the path is accessible… by kinou (in French)
- On Wednesday 8 July:
- Embbed the web into smartphone running a Firefox OS by Christophe Villeneuve (in French)
- Cloud4all and GPII: Anywhere Accessibility through Cloud-Based Auto-Personalisation by Christophe Strobbe & Javier Hernández
- The integration of disabled people in class - the start of digital technology in education by François Billioud (in French)
- Thinking your accessible educational content, an inclusion issue for people with disabilities by Armony Altinier (in French)
- Accessibility in e-Learning by Christophe Strobbe
- On Thursday 9 July:
- Creating Accessible Documents with LibreOffice/OpenOffice Writer by Christophe Strobbe
All our presentations were part of the thread Accessibility.
Study Day « Handicap et TIC »
On 8 june 2015, Sébastien Hinderer and Samuel Thibault participated in a study day on « Handicap et TIC » (“disability and ICT”) at the Maison des Sciences Sociales du Handicap (MSSH). Their slides PDF are available on the wiki.
Festival Extra Ordinaire
Freedom #0 was present at the first few days of the
“Festival Extra Ordinaire”
(literally “extra-ordinary festival”), in Paris, France.
In addition to a booth; some of our members held workshops,
gave interviews and made presentations.
See the schedule on the website of Charles et Compagnie and L'Agenda du Libre.
Premier samedi du Libre
Freedom #0 was present at the “Premier samedi du Libre”: Texou was at our booth and made a presentation about …
Journées du Logiciel Libre (JDLL)
Freedom #0 was present at the Journées du Logiciel Libre (JDLL / Libre Software Days) in Lyon on 28-29 March 2015. In addition to a booth we contributed two presentations (both in French):
- Mail2Voice: An Approach to Accessible E-Mail by Laurent CLAUDE.
- Personalising Your Desktop Without Writing Code by Jean-Philippe MENGUAL.
Freedom #0 was present at FOSDEM in Brussels on 31 January and 1 February. Three of our members gave a talk:
- Supporting accessibility in your distribution by Samuel Thibault.
- Accessible Design in Open Source by Christophe Strobbe.
- Mail2Voice: an accessibility approach to mail, a “lightning talk” by Matthieu Hazon.
In addition, Marco Zehe, quality assurance engineer at Mozilla, gave a talk entitled Reaching more users through better accessibility: Using Firefox OS to test your apps for better accessibility and usability of your mobile web application.